Monday, May 3, 2010

new ipod wheel

http://venturebeat.com/2010/02/03/apple-patents-ipod-like-wheel-on-ipad-touchscreen/

There is going to be a new ipod wheel. The makers are saying that it is a touch screen wheel. this is so that the wheel will only be activated by a human hand. Personally I have had several
ipod's and I have never had a problem with the sound turning itself up on its own.

not my words theirs : The patent explains that the “intelligent bezel,” as it’s called, adjusts itself to the orientation of the tablet screen, either horizontal or vertical. It is accompanied by touchable controls around the edge of the screen

I personally think that apple is just getting carried away what is the purpose of this it seems as if they continue to come out with more improvements. any comments? why do they continue to re invent something that already sells so well.

2 comments:

S. Hamilton said...

Oh yes, Apple sometimes do go a little over the top. I do believe it is okay to improve different products. However, in this case I have not heard much from a consumer standpoint of the problem. Nevertheless, I can see it becoming an issue for some. Hey, if Apple does not want us to settle for mediocre products, than hey do what yo do.

danielle said...

"So you can fumble with your iPad and not accidentally blow your eardrums out by grabbing it too close to the Play button." haha I just think that's a funny statement...because I highly doubt you'll blow your eardrums out by doing that. I mean, I fully agree that Apple is just finding little quirks and correcting all of them...ONE UPDATE at a TIME. This helps their revenue, and as we all know, that is what its all about. The business side, not JUST for the consumer's greater benefit.