Monday, August 30, 2010

Smart television vs. the rest

Smart television and the rest of the junk that is on it.

I know what you all are thinking. Gee, I wonder what the new fall lineup is for the big four? I know I was. I have to say I was very delighted with NBC and ABC. It looks like good stuff is on the way. I have all but given up on FOX. FOX is like that one thing in your house that just keeps breaking until you decide to just leave it broke. I bet that is what the show writers at FOX did. My biggest hope was that CBS would do some ground breaking show that I would flip my lid for and I would race home to watch or check Hulu every five minutes to see if it was up. I don’t know if I was disappointed or what but the big show that is coming to CBS is Bleep my dad says. That’s right, Bleep.
I didn’t know what to make of it. A show that is based off of a Twitter account? No, CBS why would you take your smart programming and flush it away? William Shatner is playing the dad? He goes from cheese ball space captain, to police officer, to lawyer, then to a mean dad that wears a fanny pack. Way to go Bill! I might be being way to harsh on CBS and this show will be smart and entertaining but I doubt it.
I know what I will be watching though. Mr. Sunshine. This is what I am excited about. My words cannot do it justice though so here is a copied and pasted version from ABC.com. I underlined all the important names. If you remember Studio 60 on the sunset strip and love it you will love this I bet. Also if you loved Studio 60 we should be friends.
“Matthew Perry stars as Ben Donovan, the self-involved manager of a second-rate San Diego sports arena who begins to re-evaluate his life on his 40th birthday. Mr. Sunshine stars Matthew Perry (Friends) as Ben, Allison Janney (The West Wing) as Crystal, Andrea Anders as Alice, James Lesure as Alonzo, Nate Torrence as Roman and Portia Doubleday as Heather. Matthew Perry, Alex Barnow, Marc Firek, Jamie Tarses and Thomas Schlamme are executive producers.”
So there is my little rant about dumb television and my praise of Mr. Sunshine (smart television.) I have links to Bleep my dad says twitter page and the show trailer also Mr. Sunshine’s page on ABC.com at the bottom.
http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays
http://abc.go.com/shows/mr-sunshine
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/my_dad_says/video/?pid=0i5I6TsHjgYHn5TZ_khVqLuEaJEEcWSn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to underline the names but the blog wouldn't let me. Sad day.

candacej said...

I saw the commercial for the show and i couldn't believe they would make a show like that I really don't think it will last long based on the title of the show alone. Television isn't the same anymore I concur.