Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Shoppers Out, but Cautious

I had to post something about Black Friday because I'm very curious to see how it turns out! I know that this holiday season is going to be the weakest in a long time, but nonetheless, when deals are out, people are there. In fact, I almost wonder if more people would be there for Black Friday because they need the deals now and can't afford some of the regular holiday expenses? Either way, I will be tuned in tomorrow to see how the numbers shaped up. Oh, and did anyone hear about the Wal-Mart worker in New York. He was killed by a stampede of people who knocked down the door to get in for the deals. See what a few bucks can do to people?

3 comments:

None Gmail said...

It's looking like shoppers were still out in force. I just saw a report on CNN that said turnout was down, but not as much as some people had suspected.

Manda Swanson said...

I shopped on Black Friday and I saw just as many people that I've seen in the years before.

I know this is more of the smaller picture... but it was just as chaotic. And there were a lot more discounts for longer time periods than last year.

Jessica Roach said...

Biggest difference I noticed this year...deals lasted longer, i.e. more than just friday morning doorbusters, you could get the deals all weekend. Also, there were plenty to go around. I went several places AFTER the masses to find that there were still several hott ticket items left. I think that companies did a good job of getting their sales this past weekend...why not sell more now rather than none later. I'm not at all surprised by the turnout...when you know you are broke, you need the deal.