Monday, December 8, 2008

NBC moving Leno to 10 p.m. slot

I wanted to post this just because I was really surprised at what happened. I knew all along that Leno was probably going to keep working somewhere else, but I really didn't expect him to retain his spot in the lineup for NBC. However, I personally like the decision because I felt that Late Night With Conan O'Brien would have had higher ratings, but would not have been as funny in the new time slot. It was just interesting to have all of this build up and then nothing really happened...

3 comments:

Manda Swanson said...

that must f been an "oops moment" since Will Smith mentioned it during Leno's show last night...

SpeakTruth said...

I think that this isn't the smartest move for NBC. simply because since Leno is going to be on so early he wont be able to be as risky with his content as he was when he has been. So a toned down Leno could potentially loose audience member, and Conan won't be able to compete with Letterman when it comes to ratings.

FoShore86 said...

Not sure if anyone is still reading, but it could be cool to keep the blog going...I guess I am slightly confused as to why Leno is simply moving up a time slot. Why not keep him where he is? And to see that it's a blatant ratings push makes me feel like they are exploiting Leno. Not exactly what I would call a professional move by NBC. I guess we'll see how it plays out.
It was alarming to see that all the TV ratings have dropped sharply this fall. I am concerned for our field and hope that this is a passing phase. Maybe the movement of the same talent is the answer and I am just not able to see it yet, but if not, it's time to reconsider formats of lineups and other techniques to reach audiences.