Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spanish-Language WXTV No. 1, 6 P.M.-Midnight

Hey I'm lead blogger this upcoming week, so here is my article. I found this to be unique because I never would have guessed that a market like New York would be won by WXTV in the 6PM-Midnight time slot, being how important that time slot is. I don't normally think of Spanish language stations as controlling the audience, so it was rather shocking. Do you think this attests to the fact that the Spanish population in the United States is growing so rapidly? I think that this will open the door to different kinds of advertising and such too, and we will begin to notice the swing to more Spanish-based programming and advertising.

1 comment:

Vicky Budynsky said...

I think that this will be a real eye opener to everyone that there is a huge hispanic audience. It will be very interesting to see what changes in advertising there will be in the future. I'm sure that they will see many hispanic stations with large audiences in other urban markets. Personally,I think spanish novelas are ten times better than any American soap opera on tv!