Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Are we ready for digital radio?

As I was searching, I ran across this article about the future of radio and the way in which we receive it. I have to be honest the author had some valid points such as stating that what is available now that being XM/ Sirius is to expensive. The article also gives some interesting information about having the song's title and artist in text appear where you will know who it is if the jockey forgets to pay. The author also goes into detail about how at the moment there is no truly digital radio out there. It is just a very good hybrid of analog and digital. He also says that as with the examples of television and VCR's this digital radio is coming and probably will be about another ten years before it becomes relatively affordable to the masses. If it does not cut jobs I am all for it.

3 comments:

ashumphrey said...

I completely agree with you that satellite radio is expensive but I like the fact that it does show you the name of the song and the artist but I don't think that is enough for it to be so expensive. I also completely agree with you that as long as it doesn't take away peoples job then I think it will be a good thing in the future.

Gracie said...

As a member of the traditional radio community I hate satellite radio but it might become big one day but now I don't think it will even phase traditional radio.

Juan Estrada said...

I think that digital or hd radio is something that must be commercialized in more new vehicles in order for people to actually use it massively. for instance if this radios are included in the big car companies many people will have the chance to use it and get an idea of the hd radio