Monday, September 13, 2010

Google instance... oh too late.

So if you have been on Google in the last week, and I'm sure you have, you might have noticed something different. Google knows what you want! Well, Google is pretty good at guessing that is. You start typing something and it starts to search before you are done typing. Some features include checking your local weather simply by pressing "W." They will have this feature and the instance search available on your mobile and next year they will unveil the faster Google. How they do that I don't know because it is all ready SUPER FAST! For other Google announcements google Google. Ha, I made a funny!

I know my post are longer and better most of the time but I think this is important to know. Think about it. Google knows what YOU want! Google a TV show maybe blog about it. Say it stinks or you love it. Then Google will log the information. Google knows what shows you like. They sell that info to the networks and the network decides what to do to your show. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Just think about it GOOGLE KNOWS ALL!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As I remember, this Google instance thing happens for one months? I search on Google everyday, and this new change does helps me a lot. For example, if I want to change my searching, I don't need a click to change it. It's pretty convenient. However, sometimes, it can have some inconvenient, because I just happens to change one word; thus, the results change also. It's OK for a high speed Internet connection like the US's. However, if it's in my country, Vietnam, the change can freeze your computer for some seconds. It's pretty confused, too.
I heard that Google is preparing for a new application which can identify somebody immediately. For example, when you search about Paris, they will provide all of the images you can have, address and attractions, etc. I think it's cool if I can have all of the information I need in some seconds. However, it can be scary if one person can search about your name and all of your informations are pulled out. It's a bad side of the internet nowadays, though :)

candacej said...

I have noticed it and it threw me off, the links are already there and it makes it easier for you maybe it'll make you lazy but it was a great change.

Matthew said...

This is abad thing. It sounds that Google is the proverbial "Big Brother", I do not like it that they know about me all things. Like you said it is fast enough already. By the way who gives them the rights to sell my information anyway.

alexandra said...

I agree with Matthew.I do not like the new instant Google. I was trying to figure out how to turn it off. I noticed you could click "instant is on" beside the search box and change it to "off," which I did, but it still isn't changing back! It is either a trick or I'm just not computer savvy.

S. Hamilton said...

I have noticed it as well. I can't lie and say it is not convenient, because it is. However, when does all this stuff ever end, I feel like we are moving on to some stalker type stuff. Like Matthew said, who gave them this right. I feel it won't be long, before google collaborates with the medical field and start putting devices in our head and what not.