Friday, September 10, 2010

Windows Phone aims to bury its past (and iPhone)

More and more people are leaving behind those old cellphones that only could make calls and people now realized how useful the smartphones are. In addition, the most successful smart-phones companies lately have been apple with the I-phone and blackberry company. As an smart-phone user i find Black berry to be the best. however, Microsoft is coming up with their own new O.S. and they believe this will terminate the popularity of the other systems that people already use.

"Microsoft's Windows Phone team staged a mock funeral for the iPhone and BlackBerry on Friday", a sign of both Redmond's ambition and the immensity of the challenge facing the new phone operating system, which is slated to hit the market next month.

"The Microsoft event on campus was an internal event to celebrate the finalization of Windows Phone 7 software," a company representative said in a statement.

Handset makers including LG, Samsung, and HTC are among those that will initially offer Windows Phone 7-based devices, but others, including HP, have scaled back or canceled Windows Phone 7 plans. Microsoft is expected to use a huge ad blitz to help tout the arrival of the new operating system, which includes features such as a the mobile version of Office, Xbox Live gaming, and the ability to play subscription music using the Zune service.

Read more at

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20016120-56.html?tag=mncol;posts

2 comments:

Juan Estrada said...

I love my blackberry specially for the BBM feature that lets me chat with my friends back home who also have the same system. i am very curious about this new O.S. and see if it will beat the iPhone and the BB

Unknown said...

In my opinion, I think it's pretty cool if they have more application for smart phone. It's a development area that all companies want to make an investment. Obviously, the advantage belongs to us, the customer. However, too many function in such a small phone can have many disadvantage. I still want my iphone fit in my hand, not as big as an Ipad in order to have more games in my phone.