Monday, September 20, 2010

The small screen won’t stay off the big screen!

Well we knew it was just a matter of time. Instead of a movie coming out about how the internet is bad and it will take over and destroy us all or whatever The Net was about; movies are coming out about the history of websites. Aw. AW! I know we are so far away from movies like An Affair to Remember. I am sure you have seen the trailer for the Social Network. But if you have not here ya go:

The Social Network is an upcoming 2010 drama film directed by David Fincher about the founding of the social networking website Facebook. The film features an ensemble cast, which consists of Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Brenda Song, Max Minghella, Rooney Mara and Armie Hammer.

The film was written by Aaron Sorkin and adapted from Ben Mezrich's 2009 nonfiction book The Accidental Billionaires. The film is set for an October 1, 2010 release. None of the Facebook staff, including founder Mark Zuckerberg, will be involved with the project. One of the co-founders, Eduardo Saverin, was a consultant for Mezrich's book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Social_Network
http://www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com/

At least it is written by Aaron Sorkin. I love everything that Aaron Sorkin does but I don’t know if I want to promote this movie. Don’t get me wrong I am updating my status on Facebook as we speak but come on! Do you remember when movies were good? I know I know think way back to your child hood. No, you got nothing? What do I mean by good? Well, hey what about movies about human interactions. A group of friends going on an adventure to find a dead body and ended up finding themselves! Ok not the best example but why are we watching movies about the internet. When did the line get so blurred that we are online talking about movies and going to movies about what is online?

I am just ranting about this but I consider myself a student of film and I grew up watching classics and I have studied the classic here. I say classics I mean good films not about the internet. To see a movie coming out like this kinda makes me sad. At least it isn’t Dude, where’s my car?

No comments: