Tuesday, September 14, 2010

YouTube Live!


This past weekend YouTube (owned by Google) did a test of their new feature of live video streaming. YouTube's success in the past is based off of the fact that anyone can put whatever they want on the site. At the moment the live streaming is only available for a select few but if it takes off then will be available for anyone with a webcam. This weekend they had a few shows over a couple days. No results have been posted yet but it is said that it did pretty good with the strong possibility of more to come.

1 comment:

ashumphrey said...

I think this is an awesome idea. I mean it's not like they can just settle on what they have right? I believe once advertised more and put out there that more people will get into this and get creative with it, but it could also backfire and I'm kind of nervous about that. Not everyone's intentions are pure, but I'm sure they'll have some type of restrictions on what people can and can't air, but it will be harder since it will be live. I guess they'll just have to give it a test run.